Drugs of abuse testing (Drugs and Alcohol)
The Drugs of abuse testing (D&A Testing) will give your staff the ability with confidence to conduct in accordance with your own company policy and procedures, and the australian standards drugs of abuse testing with int he workplace.
The course covers :
- Organisational guidelines for alcohol and other drug screening to current Australian Standards
- Planning for alcohol and other drug screening in the workplace (Breathlyser, urine and oral fluid testing)
- Communicating with employees on alcohol and other drug screening requirements
- Undertaking random alcohol and other drug screening (onsite and/or laboratory based)
- Reasonable cause for alcohol and other drug screening
- Post-incident alcohol and other drug screening
- Chain of custody requirements for alcohol and other drug screening
- Documenting and record keeping of testing and testing outcomes
|Unit of competency:||HLTPAT005 – Collect Specimens for drugs of abuse testing|
|Course duration:||4 hour course|
|Course cost:||$450.00 p/person|
|Course Outline:||This course describes the skills and knowledge required to confirm collection requirements, prepare the client and equipment, and collect specimens via urine and/or oral and breath testing following the company procedures and national regulations that apply for drugs of abuse testing.
Elements of this course include:
This unit applies to individuals working in collection centres, hospitals, other health care environments and workplaces.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
|Certification:||Upon successful completion of this course, each participant will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment (RTO #40907).|